UNCLE RON'S SECRET RECIPES
2 - 4
soft tofu (19 oz box)
1/4 lb ground pork
3 tablespoons Sichuan spicy bean paste (辣豆瓣酱)
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons cooking oil
3 tablespoons chili oil
1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns (roasted and ground to powder)
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon fermented black beans (rinsed and pounded)
2 stalks of leeks or scallions (chopped into 1 or 2-inch length)
2 gloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
1. Cut the tofu into small pieces, drain the water
from the tofu and set aside.
2. Heat up a wok and pour in the cooking oil and
chili oil. Add the chopped garlic, ground pork, spicy bean paste and
stir-fry until the pork is half-done.
3. add in chili powder, soy sauce, fermented black
beans and stir-fry until aromatic.
4. Add in the tofu and water; stir gently to blend the tofu (donít break them) well
with the sauce.
5. Lower the heat and simmer for about 3-5 mins or until the sauce thickens.
6. Add in the roasted Sichuan peppercorn powder and chopped scallions. Gently stir and blend well.
7. Dish out and serve hot.