UNCLE RON'S SECRET RECIPES
2 - 4
1 skinless & boneless chicken breast (cut into
2 inches ginger (peeled and cut into thin strips)
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon fermented soy beans (taucheo)
4 pieces dried black fungus (pre-softened in warm water for 30 minutes,
then cut into bite-size pieces)
1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 small red onion (quartered)
2 tablespoons water
1 stalk scallion (cut into 1 inch length)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Peel and deveined the prawn. Pat dry with
paper towels, add the egg white, mix well with the shrimp and set aside.
2. Rinse the walnut halves with water, drain and set aside.
3. Heat up the water until it boils and add in the sugar.
4. Keep stirring until it turns thick and golden color and then add the walnut.
5. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet/parchment
paper to dry. (Regular paper will not work as the walnut will stick to it).
6. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
7. Coat the prawn with a thick layer of corn flour and then and then fry in
the hot oil until golden brown. Remove the prawn from the wok and drain on
8. In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey, condensed milk and lemon juice.
9. Add prawn and toss with the mayonnaise sauce.
10. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish the candied walnuts on top of the
prawn and serve immediately.